Below is a library of some of our most frequently requested documents, resources and questions. Please be sure to follow the instructions on each individual document when submitting forms to Leashes and Leads.
Don’t hesitate to contact us if you have any questions!
Frequently Asked Questions
- The 3 B’s-Beds, Bowls, and Blankets
- Medication administration
- Lots of daily play time in our k-9 turf indoor/outdoor play yards
- Most importantly..lots of love and care
- Customer and pet profile will need to be completed in our system called Gingr. To do this please click on the Customer Portal link at the top of our website. Gingr recommends not using Internet Explorer/Edge as a browser for this. Other browser options would be Chrome, Firefox, or Safari.
- We will need the following documentation: Current Vaccinations for Bordetella, DHLPP, and Rabies. We will also need the Playcare agreement signed (either through the customer portal or in store).
- A mandatory pre-screen must take place prior to the first day. This is about a 10-15 minute temperament test where one of our staff will take your dog to interact with some of our staff dogs to see how they interact.
One of the newer features of Gingr is the Customer Portal. You can now create and edit your own data in our system. Once you’re added to Gingr, you can requests services from us, view and print out any receipts, add photos of your pet, see any current reservations we have for you, and much more. To access this feature, please click on the Customer Portal link on the top of our website.
NOTE: Gingr is not very compatible with the Internet Explorer/Edge web browsers. They recommend using Chrome, Firefox, and/or Safari.
KTTC News will be notified via TV and their website
Leashes & Leads’ Facebook page
Email and SMS text notifications will go out to all dogs on the list for that day. To receive these alerts, please make sure you “opt in” for email and sms text alerts in the Gingr Customer Portal.
We do realize people have busy lives and it is okay if you have to miss a class. You can talk to your instructor and receive any handouts, homework or coupons given the week you will miss.
**Special Note: On the 1st night of Basic Obedience Class (not Puppy Class): you do NOT bring your dog. Just bring yourself and a copy of your dog’s vaccination records if you have not brought them in or had them faxed over ahead of time.
We always encourage the whole family to come and participate in the training, providing that they are not a disturbance to the class.
We offer therapy dog seminars. You can be put on a waiting list and be notified of the next seminar. Our trainers can also help do private lessons with you and your dog or you can sign up for Canine U (and we train your dog for you) to prep your dog for therapy work.
If your dog barks incessantly at other dogs or people and is older than 5 months or age, then you should schedule an evaluation with Mikaela Gustafson to determine if you should be in reactive remedy to address the barking/lunging behaviors first.
After completing Puppy 1 & 2 or Basic Obedience, you will then be able to take more advanced classes such as Rally Obedience, Competitive Obedience, Agility, etc.
We also offer private in-home lessons where a trainer will come to your home! These lessons are $100 per hour.
We also have the Canine University which has two programs to choose; On Campus or Off Campus.
On Campus: You bring you dog to Leashes & Leads, typically for daycare or boarding, and we will train your dog for you if you sign up for a Canine University Package.
Off Campus: Your dog will live in one of our trainers’ homes and be treated like one of their own. You will prioritize the behaviors you want taught and our trainers will formally train your dog in their home multiple times a day and they will get the bonus of informal training throughout the day.
Share your dog park adventures with
Photos of your dog might be featured on our website!