Dog Flu Forum
- Leashes & Leads
- March 1st 2018, 6:00 pm
With the recent spike in the public discourse about the Canine Influenza a.k.a. dog flu, we would like to take this opportunity to be proactive as a community and hold a forum to discuss the issues. This forum will feature a panel of local veterinarians, pet health professionals, and also representatives from vaccine companies. This forum will be free and open for the public to attend and will be live streamed via Facebook.
Some potential topics we wish to cover are as follows:
- Who should get the vaccine?
- What are the benefits?
- What are the potential side effects?
- How do the symptoms compare to kennel cough? How does the transmission of the viruses compare?
- At what point after infection should the dog be brought to the vet?
- What is the recommended treatment protocol?
- Are there any recommended preventative measures?
- What are your thoughts about requiring the influenza vaccine for boarding/daycare/grooming facilities?
- We would like to also leave time for some Q&A from the audience.
Click below to Register for this free event. Registration will begin February 5th.