The Dog Trainers are responsible for the execution and oversight of daily dog training services including resort Board & Train, Agility, Obedience, Canine Good Citizen, Canine University, Intro to Nose Work, Obedience, Puppy 1, Puppy 2, Rally, Reactive Remedy, Treibbil and any additional classes that are added to Leashes and Leads Training program. In addition to teaching classes they are responsible for assisting/leading training classes, class orientation and private training sessions with the trainers. The Dog Trainer assists with training staff sales efforts and communication with clients regarding training needs or behavior issues/concerns. They also assist with training new Dog Trainers and troubleshooting dog behavior issues within the facility. The Dog Trainer reports to the Training Manager or other designated leader.
- Conduct dog/client training, including group classes, on-site board and trains, Canine University and private sessions. Document a training plan for each dog and the progress toward training goals.
- Respond to client inquiries on training programs and sell training services that best fit the needs of pets and clients.
- Assist the Training Manager as needed in group classes, class orientation and private training sessions.
- Teaches classes that are assigned to you.
- Provide private lessons as requested and in compliance with Leashes and Leads policies and procedures.
- Works with the playcare and boarding dogs as requested by clients, though In-House Board and Train or Canine University.
- Serves as back-up as needed to support Guest Services and Resort needs.
- Assists with creating class plans and schedules.
- Promotes other Leashes and Leads services (playcare, boarding, grooming and retail) to training clients.
- Answers questions about classes, prices and equipment.
- Works with the team to meet and exceed customer’s service expectations.
- MUST LOVE dogs.
- High School Diploma or GED, required.
- Animal training and behavior knowledge including theory of positive reinforcement, and animal training techniques.
- Ability to assess and evaluate new animal training methods and equipment.
- Demonstrated teaching knowledge to include basic teaching methods and curriculum development.
- Knowledge of dog breed characteristics and behaviors.
- Excellent dog handing skills.
- Ability to manage dogs of all sizes, breeds and temperaments.
- Exhibited flexibility and professionalism.
- Proven ability to follow instructions and learn new things.
- Responsible for assisting the manager in the creation and management of annual revenue and expense budgets related to the training programs.
- Team-orientated personality works well with and respects others.