We are looking for part-time students and caring pet people who are dependable and looking for a Monday-Friday job for 3-4 hours a day, afternoon to early evening shifts as Dog Runners. We are a "one-stop-shop" for pets with Boarding and Doggy Daycare services in the Pet Resort. Other services include: Grooming, Training, and our Pet Supplies Store. Leashes & Leads provides tailored and flexible service for our customers. Come join our team!
Our Dog Runners are responsible for providing support of effective dog delivery to and from the Guest Services desk. Dog Runners take direction from Guest Services and bring the dogs from the Playgroups or Boarding up to guest services when the client arrives for pick-up and assist with taking the dogs back to either boarding or the playgroups upon arrival. Expert communication and listening skills are a must for this position. By following directions (both written and communicated) the Runners must be able to utilize their knowledge and skills in pet care to provide the most comfortable and stimulating experience for all pets. Employees in this role must know how to treat every customer and their pets as guests in our business and ensure they know the level of comfort and care that will be taken in their dogs stay with us. Dog runners must know the dogs by name and make every effort to let the dogs know they are a member of our K9 family and will have an enjoyable and safe time in our facility.
- 1. Multi-tasking and consistently running dogs up front and back.
- 2. The ability to understand and follow the core values of Leashes and Leads.
- 3. Work closely with both Guest Services and Resort staff to ensure the care and comfort of guests
- 4. Work with the team to meet and exceed customer’s service expectations.
- 5. Ensure that the Boarding Dogs belongings are brought up with the dog and given to the owners.
- 6. Update the pet status on our daycare screens, either by entering the pet’s name in the appropriate Condo, or removing that pet from the screen, when the dog leaves the facility.
- 7. Follow and be aware of all safety procedures for pets and staff at all times. Safe handling and care of the animals is a requirement. Understand the common dog behaviors and stressors. If uncertain, ask for help with a particular dog. SAFETY and doing what is best for the dog, are the keys to our business.
- 8. Timely reporting of any and all injuries to a supervisor and/or Human Resources. This includes both injuries to you, the employee as well as any of your clients (dogs/cats).
- • MUST LOVE dogs.
- • Willingness to learn.
- • Problem-solving skills, and the ability to think under pressure.
- • Confidence in providing animal care.
- • Ability to manage dogs of all sizes, breeds and temperaments.
- • Ability to control dogs up to 150 pounds.
- • Ability to work in a team environment.
- • Strong Attention-to-Detail.
- • Proven ability to follow instructions and learn new things.