The Dog Trainer Assistant work as a member of the Dog Training Program team, helping to implement the programs in alignment with Leashes and Leads Core Values and strategic plan. This position will continue to develop, oversee and grow Leashes and Leads training program and will provide support to all Dog Trainers in classroom and other areas as determined by the training department.
The employee will use a philosophy and method rooted around positive reinforcement training. This position is cross trained in the Guest Services Associate and the Pet Care Attendant role.
- • Assisting in private training classes for clients.
- • Assisting in Puppy 1, Puppy 2, Obedience and other group classes as needed.
- • Working with the Trainers and Learning the Canine U – On Campus Board and Train program.
- • Maintaining the Training Rooms (cleaning, sweeping, setting up and taking down) before and after classes.
- • Filing, retrieving documents, certificates, records and reports.
- • Assist with creating class plans and schedules.
- • New client follow-up communication (e.g., calls, email) to obtain feedback on their training experience and customer service, thanking them for choosing Leashes and Leads.
- • MUST LOVE DOGS!
- • High School Diploma or GED, required.
- • Physical ability to work with dogs.
- • Ability to effectively manage classroom environment with diversified attendees.
- • Ability to work a flexible schedule to accommodate clients, including evenings and weekends.
- • Functional knowledge of the main functions of the Resort and Grooming.
- • Knowledge of all training classes and programs offered
- • Knowledge of dog breed characteristics and behaviors.
- • Ability to interpret animal body language.
- • Team-orientated personality works well with and respects others.